Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Basquiat

If, like me, you are a fan of Jean-Michel Basquiat this film is a must-see.  If not there is still plenty of things to enjoy - the tale of fame and excess and the downfall of a talented young artist, for example, or the fact that David Bowie plays Andy Warhol rather brilliantly.  There's loads of other great actors who crop up in odd scenes which is also fun to see.  Given Basquiat's story I did find the film a little slow in places but maybe it was intentional to make you feel as stoned as he was, I don't know.  Anyway because I love Basquiat here are some more of his wonderful paintings for you to enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I dont recognise the name, but the style rings a bell... guess i should investigate D: xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! Also youtube David Bowie as Andy Warhol, it's amazing :D

    ReplyDelete