Friday, 10 February 2012

The Strange Feathery Beast






Some mono-print illustrations for the French folk tale, 'The Strange Feathery Beast'.  This has been a really fun project to work on and the method of mono-printing is liberating!  You only get one shot with each print and you have to work quickly so the ink doesn't dry out before you actually print it.  I never work like this.  But now, I love the idea of producing one-offs, especially like this, because there's that little moment of excitement as you turn the paper over and see how it looks.  I'm hoping to practice printing like this with some different colours because I'm curious to see whether it would be similar to painting in the way colours can be mixed.  Also, it's really good fun to do!  Anyway, there's one last illustration to come, it's more complex in that it's made of different prints layered together on Photoshop, so I'll be posting that soon.  My favourites are the first one and the feathery beast.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment